9.17.2009

Nolan made the Chess Club!

Yes, I am now the proud mom of a Chess Club Geek!

The thing is, he had to earn it! At his school, since chess club is during school time around lunch, you can not just join. You have to write an essay and then pass a skills test. He wrote his essay a few times until it was just right. He practiced his skills; with me, on the computer, or by studying his skills sheet. He said he felt he did well on the test, but we had not heard if he made it for awhile. I knew how much he wanted it, so I was hoping there was a delay and it was not that he just did not realize he had not made it.

So I am very proud of his effort and dedication!

He starts next Monday and we have been playing each other. I am REALLY bad a chess! I am impressed because he can just about beat me and he is really good about thinking ahead and planning out his moves! Fun stuff!

And he lost another tooth last night. I swear he loses teeth right and left! I was so worried before because all his friends were losing teeth and he had not lost any. Now they are practically falling out of his head! And he is really good about letting me know, letting them get a good amount of loose, and then letting me take a string and just pop the sucker out! I can not stand a dangally tooth!

5 comments:

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

Go Nolan.

Sharon said...

Papa would be so proud of him. He loved to play chess. All of my kids remember playing it with him. Especially Jeff, that was their game together!

Katie said...

Alright! That's great!

James said...

Awesome!

I tend to favor my knights.

Angela Draper said...

How fun that he made the team. Way to go!!!! (and a couple more ☺) !!!hehe