11.03.2009

My Hugga Bugga!

I love this picture!

Because this picture is "So Callie"!

See her hand? She loves necks! It calms her to come up to me and Levi and touch our necks and then bury her face in our necks. Sometimes it looks like she is trying to choke us, but she just has a "need" to touch our neck. It is such a weird, but only Callie thing to do. It makes us laugh!
She usually comes up, looks you strait in the eye, and with one hand entended touches your neck. Then she gives a big strong Callie hug. Especially when she is tired.
She also is very strong and likes to jump on our backs (like in the picture). She sets her feet on our hip bones and holds on by herself. She is a little monkey! So, here she is after jumping on my back and touching my neck.
She is such a happy little critter!

And to further illustrate the Callie "neck thing", here is a picture of her at the Renissance Festival in her Granny's arms. It was toward the end, she was SO tired, so a neck had to be touched!
After this picture was taken she leaned in for the Callie bear hug and almost fell asleep, but the world was too exciting around her for a nap!

5 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh that's so sweet! I love little quirks like that about my kiddos too!

Ashley said...

Blaise is like that with arms. He likes to wrap his hand around your upper arm. Whenever my inlaws visit my MIL sits in the back between the two carseats, and Blaise insists on wrapping his hand around her arm. And like you said - even more so when he is tired.

Christie said...

With Elizabeth is was/is ears. With Amelia it is the upper arm; she usually strokes it, but lately she's been hitting her head on my arm!

Katie said...

I saw that picture of Callie and my mom on my parent's computer and didn't even notice the hand on the neck, so seeing this post made me smile. Sweet Callie.

Robin said...

Hey Audra: Yes,,,yes..yes, we need to get together!!! We have a lot of families in our church that look just like us and for that I am so grateful. Our pastor and his wife have a bi-racial adopted daughter that is exactly Big S's age!!! They really do love each other. Call me...I'll send you an email with my phone number!