1.07.2008

Mountain Memories!

We visited the mountains for New Years! Nolan made a list of all the things he wanted to do... go to the shoe store, go to Nesters, look at the clouds!

We went to my Great Aunt Avenelle's shoe store (I really need to take some pictures so I can blog about that place) and bought the kids some shoes. We bough Nolan some 1993 Air Jordans and Jovie some old-school baby shoes! I should take a picture sometime! They are cool! Then we went to the Hillsville Diner! the main diner area is made out of an old train car! Nolan likes sitting on the stools! And of course the hotdogs there are all red! Up in the mountains it is hard to find a hot dog that is not red!



Then we went to Nesters! This is a typical scene of what you might see at this general store/gagrage... What do the old men do on days where the business is slow and they just ain't nothin' to do? They look out the windows of the automotive garage and just talk about whatever is on their mind! Here are 2 of the local men chatting it up, looking out the window, watching the world go by!


Then New Years Night we had our traditional "pay Rook until the New Year" night! My sister invited my Great Aunt Avenelle over and my great great Aunt Christine and we played cards until after midnight! I had a bad night! Out of 5 full games I only won 1... oh well! Better luck next year I suppose!

1 comment:

Katie said...

That is a really cute picture of Nolan at the diner.