1.21.2008

Snow Day... HOORAY!

Levi already knew it was a snow day, he woke up and 5:30 and checked the school system web site and found out he did not have to be at school until 9, so he got to sleep in! The cutest thing though was waking up to little Lettie's voice saying, "Look! Snow! Mom! Dad! It's snowing! Look! Dad! Look! Snow! Snow! Snow!"
So, Levi dressed them in 3 layers each and I topped them off with hats and gloves and out into the snow they went! The older 2, of course! Jovie was asleep and Callie stayed inside, though she kept trying to crawl outside through the screen door that has no screen, even if it was bitterly cold! I would keep bringing her back in and everytime I turned my back, there she was crawling out the door again! She is so crazy! She has the biggest "rascal" look on her face!

It was basically raining on top of the snow, so they got wet & cold really quickly! I could only stay out a little while to take pictures because the camera was getting wet. Lettie did not have water-proof gloves so I changed her gloves 3 times in the 30 min they were outside! They sled down the hill a few times, had a snow ball fight, and made a snow man! I managed to stay inside and get out of freezing my bum off... I left that up to Levi! Lettie enjoyed eating the snow the most and Nolan enjoyed making snowballs and throwing them! I made the hot cocoa and took the pictures! Our snowman is still outside... he is thin and kinda funny looking now! I like getting a taste of snow now and then, but I am happy I do not live somewhere where it snows all the time!



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So your school system doesn't get off on Martin Luther King Jr day? We woke up to snow yesterday also- but a lot more than you did. We probably got 8 inches or so. But between it already being a holiday and being in Utah we don't expect getting a snow day out of the storm. It took me a full hour to shovel the driveway and sidewalk. When I was done I looked up how many calories I burned from shoveling snow and it turns out I burned at least 400! Quite the workout (some sites went as far as 900 calories, so I'm being conservative).

Audra said...

Oh shucks! Silly me! This all happened last Thursday... it just took me awhile to get around to blogging about it! Sorry Jen!

Oh, and yeah, my mom is in Utah and said the snow was terrible. They were trying to go to Park City but it never happened!