10.09.2008

Nolan's Half-full Glass!

Every morning I walk the kids down to the bus stop. While there Nolan, Ruby, and Silas love to run back and forth between the small slightly uphill stretch of sidewalk between the 2 stop signs of the little road that leads into my section of the neighborhood. My poor boy with a long waist and short legs has NO CHANCE against my long-legged kids from Ethiopia... yet... he runs! So, yesterday, as we are waiting for the bus, the race begins. They take off towards the stop sign and as they are nearing the home stretch I can hear Nolan yelling:


I am WINNING 3rd Place!
I am WINNING 3rd Place!


You know... when you put it that way, the fact that you are coming in last does not sound so bad!


Sometimes it is all in the way you look at it!


This seems like a church talk analogy just waiting to happen!!!
Then on the way home Lettie was telling me about something she did. I can not remember what it was exactly that she was telling me she did, but she was very proud of herself and ended her story by telling me, "I am really smart!" Hooray for good self-esteem!

4 comments:

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Nolan....you have to love him! Just thinking about Nolan makes me smile!

Christie said...

I can just hear Nolan screaming that!

lindsey said...

seth has officially made this into a "you know you're from virginia" joke

Katie said...

Love it.