8.04.2009

I'm Famous!!!

A lady came into the store saying she worked for Fox Charlotte and asked if I would be interested in any advertising. I told her a little bit about us and she thought it might be a nice human interest story. She said she would leave a note for their producer and I thought that was that. Well, that was the last I heard about it until a news crew showed up at the shop today!!!

I was so excited!!! The only thing is I was SO not prepared, had very little sleep the night before, had been running MAJOR errands ALL morning, and I know I was a disheveled mess. My feet were killing me, all my makeup had been sweated off, my hair was in disarray... but I swallowed my pride and had a great time shooting and interviewing for the 10pm news!!!

Some of my bestest regulars came in and it was great! At first no one was coming in. I said, "I swear people come! Just for some reason no one is here now!" In the 15 minutes after they left about 15 people came in.

I hope this brings in some more business! No matter what it was a blast to do!

10 comments:

Sabina said...

Audra!!!!!!!! I love it,you did a great job on camaras,and I totally love Aloha Snow
go jeppsons!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Audra,
That was fun. I know you will do great. Aloha Snow is great. I can't wait for my next trip to get a stuffed snowball.
de

Gretchen said...

SO glad we stopped in yesterday!! That was a GREAT segment last night on FOX and there was a little blip on again this morning on FOX News Rising!!! I hope this brings you TONS of business and many, many repeat customers!!

Gretchen & Will (Two thumbs up!)

Ashley said...

Awesome! You were really good on camera. Roy said it sounded like you had less of an accent than usual - was that on purpose? :)

C. Leah said...

I loved that clip they did on your place! I was so stoked for you guys being on the news!! :) 3 cheers for the Aloha Snow --and you guys!!

Katie said...

I was so so excited when I heard about it! I am sad that I didn't get to watch it "live." You really did a great job Audra, and it was so wonderful that you got a great news clip.

James said...

I like the subtle dig at the school district and how they weren't just cutting back (understandable) but firing people (meanies!).

Awesome job, and don't let them pick on you for the accent. Just enough for the viewers to know you're a regular person just like them, and that they'd feel comfortable and given good southern hospitality service.

Kristin said...

Ooh, how exciting! Tell me, was the research from a similar place in another state Sno-To-Go in Williamsburg? :) Great job!!!!

Audra said...

Kristin- Of course!!! I just did not want to say the name so a lot of random people possibly wanting to copy my idea suddenly start calling them

lisa harrell said...

WTG Audra!! I put it on my FB status the night it was airing!! I hope LOTS of people read it!! AND come in and EAT SNOW!!

See ya soon. :-D