1.13.2010

3653 Prayers

This post is a little late in coming, but I have been insanely busy. But I did not want my anniversary to pass for but so long before I acknowledged it. It was a big one!

One December 28, 2009, Levi and I celebrated 10 years of marriage!

Man we are getting old!

I sad part is, I kind of forgot. I was working that day and quite distracted. We had "celebrated" by going to Florida, so it was easy to let the day slip. I know it is usually the husbands job to forget these things, but in our family... I am the forgetful one.

So, I am at work and tired and hungry and I call Levi and tell him I am going to pick up a cheeseburger and come home. He insisted I come right home, which is not like him. He was really sweet about it. I get into the car wondering what was up with him when it hits me... IT IS OUR ANNIVERSARY! My sweetness of a husband bought me Chinese food, had it out on our nice plates, with candles, the laptop playing 'dinner music', a bottle of sparkling grape juice, and a beautiful new vase with gorgeous daises in them.
And what makes it even more special, is I know he has orchestrated a lot of it with 7 kids in tow. That is an amazing feat of strength, skill, and love! He bought the vase with Lettie and for a 5 year old she is a super-dooper secret keeper, she never let a peep slip.

After we ate... he pulled up a selection of 350 pictures throughout our life (thought I stopped using Shutterfly, so it got a little sparse towards the end) and we watched it and reminisced about how far we have come and all we have accomplished in 10 years! It has been an amazing journey.

And do you want to know the coolest part, there is one thing we have done that I can brag about...

We have never missed a day of saying prayers with each other for 10 years!

That is:

Three Thousand Six Hundred and Fifty Three Prayers

We have prayed over the phone, we have prayed with the other half conscious, we have said prayers while I was calling from the custodian closet at one of my earlier jobs, we have prayed in hospitals, on vacation, on an airplane, in California, in Ethiopia, we have prayed from the one hot spot in the middle of the woods I could find when I was at girls camp... but we have not missed a day! I even called my mom at 11pm to drive to the McCall house in the mountains that has no phone or cell phone service to get Levi and watch the kids while he drove back and prayed with me! And he was worrying about it just as much as I was!

I love my "match"! He is my soul mate and match in every way. I could not have accomplished my life's purpose without him and vice versa. That is why Life is Wonderful, because of my Mr. Levi, my husband, my rock, my love, my match, my better half, my advocate, and my best friend!!! We have so much fun together... that is what life's all about!

Here is the slideshow

8 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Ah that's so sweet! I wish I could say we had never missed a day in the 6 years (almost) we've been married. Quite a feat! Congrats on 10 years!

Unknown said...

is anyone else singing your 3,653 to the tune of the song from Rent?
three thousand 6 hundred fifty-three prayers in 10 years---almost fits!

Ashley said...

Wow, that's SO awesome Audra! Way to go you guys!

Katie said...

You guys rock. Both of you. No sarcasm either- I totally mean it.

Christie said...

Totally awesome!

Christie said...

Amd Meredith...I am now!

C. Leah said...

How wonderful!! Not only on 10 wonderful years but, the praying everyday thing...you guys are my heroes. Seriously. :)
Congrats on 10 years together! Ronnie and I are close behind...going on 8 this year. :) Miss seeing you!

Angela Draper said...

Wow! 10 years, Congratulations! You two are so cute together :)