5.30.2009

Just Simply the BEST Thing Ever!


I am a little late on this, but 2 Saturdays ago (5/23/09), I got to see my farvoritest band ever!

Toad the Wet Sprocket!

Right here in Charlotte!

They do not record together anymore and they just tour from time to time! And since moving from Virginia, they always seem to never come to NC, but ALWAYS come to Virginia. I wish they could come together and create some new stuff, but alas, in talking to the guys basically it is never going to happen!
My dear sweet husband got me the ticket! He heard they were coming before I did! I have no clue how that happened!
I had a 3rd row center seat! For some reason the 4 seats in front of me were empty, so it was as good as having a front row seat! The set was great and they sounded amazing! I got the set list afterwards and stuck around and had the guys all sign it! Basically there are very few shows I go to that I do not stick around and meet people. I do not get out much and it sort of makes the event last longer!
I talked to Todd a lot. Then I went out and talked to their tour guy Joe Lyons about t-shirts of all things. He sells the shirts and I need to get some printed up for the business, so we discussed shirts and business start-up and what not! He owns a place off the beach in Santa Barbara http://www.beachbreakcafe.com/ . Nice guy, fun talking to him!

Got to talk to Glen about his other projects. I still do wish it included some more Toad stuff, but alas, I will just have to find comfort in the fact that they still tour now and then!
Anyway, here are 2 videos I took during the performance from my camera and some pictures because I know you guys reading this are just so highly interested! I promise my next post will have something to do with my kids and not just music!

One of my favorite Toad songs called "Windmills". Love the melody and guitar on this one!



Good Intentions! A nice fun song!

Glen


Lead Guitar- Todd, Bass- Dean





This is Joe! He always has a cowbell solo! He has toured with them since FOREVER!
All the Toad fans know Joe!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Holy crap! I had no idea they still toured!! Now I MUST find a concert. . .

Katie said...

So glad that you had a great time! You got some good pictures and videos too!