11.27.2007

A Baby-Friendly Christmas Tree!

We tried to put the unbreakable ornaments down low, but the babies immediately pulled them off the tree and tried to either tear them apart or eat them... Jovie doing most of the tearing and Callie doing most of the eating! So, this year our tree is baby friendly will all ornaments of the 4th branches up or higher! Last year we had the opposite, too many ornaments on the bottom because that is where Nolan & Lettie could reach to put them on!

Levi and I were laughing about the year we tried to put glass ornaments on the tree when Nolan was small. We thought if we kept them high enough we would not have a problem. He still mananged to find a way to shake the tree and send them down, crashing. There was always the sound of the ornaments sliding down the branches before the inevitable crash! So, now when I hear that sound from one of unbreakable ornaments falling I still cringe and wait for a crash sound. It is still in my system I guess!

I will post pictures of the outside of our house when we get it done! It is a tacky work in progress, it shall be spectacular when we are done!!!



3 comments:

Christie said...

We're trying to decide if there's any hope of keeping a tree safe from Elizabeth. Probably not. :(

Jamie said...

Aaron and I bought a tree on Saturday. The lights were already on it but we havn't put any decorations on it yet.

Audra said...

I am ALL ABOUT the pre-lit tree! I will never go real again... no matter how much my kids beg, unless they are willing to string the lights themselves!