4.28.2008

11 Days Away!





I am so nervous! Not so much about the traveling as much as making sure I have everything! I have to make sure I have Passports, Embassy paperwork, clothes, etc... all in order! I am excited though!

On the way back, we will have 3 kids on a 15 hour plane trip! So... ideas? What should I pack for them to keep them occupied?

Also, ideas for me? I want to read a good book, but don't know which? I am a Jane Austen fan... any good gems by her (not Pride & Prejudice or Sense & Sensibility) that I may not have read that you would recommend, or any other authors like her that you think I might like? Or anything new out there that you think would be my cup of (herbal) tea?

Just thinking about it, I am SO excited! Hopefully I can get everything in order!

4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh my heck! That is SO EXCITING! I'm not sure what to do on the plane. I might be horrible but I'd want a portable DVD player & bring some good Disney movies. Any small magnetic games for traveling like 'shoots & ladders' Hope all goes well!

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

Take some prosac for you. It sounds exciting!

Jennifer said...

Have you read any of Shannon Hale's books? (Goose Girl, Enna Burning, Princess Academy,and more). They are really good books, although technically fall into the Young Adult and Children's books categories. I also just finished reading "Uglies" by Scott Westerfield. I liked it a lot. It is the first in a series of 4. Portable DVD player would be a must for me. Good luck on your trip!

Anonymous said...

I just wrote on this thing and then it erased it.

I had said what to bring...
-DVD(s) one isn't enough for all three kids.
-cartoons with no words
-coloring books coloring books!
-large map to show them where they are in the sky and where they are going
-i pod of their music

My list of books to bring only involve Ethiopian books. Language was on the top of the list but I stopped learning it in detail because we have an infant.

You can never learn enough of their culture. There is a book that enjoyed from and Ethiopian author. I can't remember the name now. I will get back to you on that one.