4.20.2008

We have a travel date!!!

Actually, we have had one for a couple weeks now... but I just have not gotten around to blogging about it yet! We leave:

May 9th!

We are so so so excited! We are leaving a day and a half early and by doing that we will have 2 days in-country without kids to look around, get adapted to the time change, do some shopping, and eat some yummy African food!

So, We leave May 9 in the morning, fly to DC, and then have a 3 hour layover. We then take a 15 hour flight all the way there. We stop once in Rome just to refuel. We do not even disembark! We get there (with the time change moving us forward) at 7am on May 10. We meet our kids on May 12 and get their visa. We spend 3 more days in-country and then we leave late at night on May 15, and land May 16 in the afternoon!

Two couples from Charlotte who are also picking up older kids will be on the same flight as us. So that will be nice. I hope to use the internet cafe and blog when I can so you guys will know a little bit of what we are up to while we are there!

So, now we have less than 3 weeks before we go. There is so much to do. A little more paperwork, making copies, gathering some odd things, setting up appointments, readying the house, and packing up. I went shopping the other day and bought pants, a bathing suit, PJs, socks, and underwear for all the kids. I also bought a few more shirts for the boys. So, I think I have basically everything they need but toothbrushes and some things for them for the plane trip! The Disney Store was having 40% off their already Clearence prices on their PJs, so I bought Disney PJs for everyone! I will have to take a picture of the whole family in their Disney PJs!

The only thing I hate is that I am leaving my US babies for a week, but they will be fine! I am leaving them in good hands and they will be at home and still have each other so they should adapt well!

So, I am going to still try to catch up my blog a little bit before I go... but if I am a little inconsistent it is because I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off with a huge check-list of to-dos before we travel! But I wanted to let you guys know what is going on and we will keep you updated!


4 comments:

Ashley said...

Who is watching all the US babies?

Katie said...

I am excited for you!!!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you and yet so jealous!

I don't understand how to make the sling thing. I think I'm just going to buy one. SUCK!

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

What an adventure! Take pictures!