4.16.2008

I ended up having to wean Callie this way:


Cold Turkey!

And no... she was not happy about it! Miss Independant Jovie loved a bottle and weaned herself! Callie is my child I could have nursed until she was 3 years old. But #1 I have to go half-way around the world VERY soon! #2 The girl wouldn't sleep! and #3 I am not crunchy enough to nurse a 3 year old! I tried the gradual thing, but she was just as bad as when I cold turkied her! Not a happy critter one bit! Everytime I would try to cut her back she would pitch a fit! When I just stopped it comepletely, the first night was bad, but after that she replaced nursing with hugs... so now she will give you a huge bear hug with her huge sugar bear paws!

Here is a picture of my newly weaned... not happy about it girl:


She has gotten to where now she will just sit on my lap sometimes and fall asleep! She is really such a cutie! I love my girl! I am so grateful I was able to nurse her in the first place!

5 comments:

Christie said...

Awww...it was just this time last year that I weaned Elizabeth so that I could take meds for morning sickness, so I've been thinking back on it recently. Pretty close to the same age as Callie, too!Good job!

Katie said...

Like I told you yesterday - love the picture. Pretty much no matter what age you wean 'em at, it has to be cold turkey at one point - unless it is truly "child-led", which means.....yeah, nursing in kindergarten. Even I am not that crunchy.

I applaud you for your dedication to lactation!

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

not necessarily commenting on this post, just wanted to say I'm glad to see you blogging again. I just asked Linda yesterday why you hadn't written anything lately and she said she just assumed you were busy getting things ready for the family growth spurt. I thought maybe you were already traveling. Anyway, cute pictures. Little Calllie looks like she fits right into my family- what a doll!

Autumn said...

Love the picture! Love her hair!

Anonymous said...

Love your website, Audrea, you look so much like your dad in the last picture with Calie.

Love ya
Aunt Joye