6.09.2009

Check out my 'stang...

I wanted to do at least one fun thing with some of the $ we made on our flip house! Nothing crazy... just something fun! We thought about putting some $ into getting the Bobcat working, but my sister really wants it back, I can not drive stick... and if I had a fixer-upper just-for-fun car I wanted it to be a CONVERTIBLE!

So... I searched Craigslist and was suprised how expensive a working Convertible beetle and what-not were. But I was telling Levi how I liked the boxy look of even the 80s & 90s Volkswagens. BUT... even those were not cheap. Like THOUSANDS... Then we found this:

A MUSTANG!!!

Even better! And basically the ad said "It runs" and that is about all they knew about it! Some guy needed the $, had this sitting around somewhere, brought it into a "recycling & car center" and we bought it for $600! Not bad for a running Mustang Convertible... even if it is from 1986!!!

Now... when it gets above 45 it keeps wanting to slow down and you can feel it hesitating. The top does not automatically go down without a little help. And when you roll the windows down you have to give the back windows a little jiggle. But it runs! And we got it for so little it is not too big of a deal to have the engine looked over and fixed up!

And the interior is not in bad shape at all! Sure it needs a little work, but nothing terrible! And the interior is white leather... how slick is that?! There is only 1 crack in the bottom of the drivers seat, but I am sure I can find a cheap replacement on-line!

Happy day! I think I will wash it tomorrow so it can shine a bit more! This is going to be my to-work-and-back car! With the top down on nice days... ahhh!!! I went for a little cruise around my neighborhood tonight with the top down! It ran like a champ, no hesitating, but then again I did not get over 30 mph!