2.25.2008

A Picture of the Lunar Eclipse!

Did you know we had a lunar eclipse? I do not know if the whole country could see it, but my sister called and told me about so we went outside and took a gander at it! I thought it was very pretty, but it was cold outside, so I did not stay out long to see it! I am a wuss! We will not be seeing another one of these until 2010 apparently. Hopefully it will be in the summer and by then all the kids will be old enough to enjoy staying up and going outside to watch it! Levi got out his tripod and took a picture. I thought it turned out pretty good for a digital point and shoot!

3 comments:

James said...

We watched it out here. I was at Scouts when the Scoutmaster came in and told us (he was running a bit late). We all went outside for a few minutes to watch it progress, then went back in to keep doing Duty to God. I called Christie so she could take the girls out to watch it. When I got home, they were outside in the lawn chair. It was nice weather outside, so we were able to watch it finish the eclipse. Elizabeth enjoyed being outside just because it was outside. Amelia isn't so sure about outside yet.

It was pretty interesting to watch. At church I mentioned the "and the moon shall turn to blood propechy" and the branch presiden t said "I ain't ready for that one yet!". It got the boys asking questions, so we got to sneak in a pretty good "read your scriptures!" and then went back to DtG requirements.

Olivia Carter said...

That looks so cool! I have been excited for weeks to watch the eclipse but, alas, the Utah inversion kept the moon hidden- thanks for sharing!

Krissy said...

Wow ... I'm glad someone got a picture of it. I was too exhausted to go outside and look for it. lol