5.05.2008

All I Wanted Was A Makeover....

So... 107.9 the Link has a Mothers Day makeover and I thought it was the last day for it last Friday, so I called Levi because I was on my way somewhere in the car and heard about it and said he really should sign me up since I was not home that afternoon and it was the last day and if anyone can use a makeover, it would be me...

Well, apparently, he signed me up for that, but then he also nominated me to the "The Link's Leading Lady"... This is what it is:

"107.9 The Link and Cambria Estate Winery want to give special recognition to all of the women who are taking charge, making changes and achieving goals!A Link Leading Lady can take many faces, she can be: a role model, a leader, an innovator, an entrepreneur, an ambassador, a mentor or a pioneer. Do you know a Link Leading Lady? To enter please fill out the nomination form below!Each week a Link Leading Lady will be selected and will be featured live from Ramona Holloway's Leading Lady studio. Plus... she will be rewarded with a bottle of Chardonnay from Cambria Estate Winery. Our Leading Lady will have her own feature on the Link's website where listeners can log on to read about her accomplishments. At the end of the program one Leading Lady will be selected as The Link Leading Lady of the Year and will receive a check to give to the charity of her choice.

Read about this year's Leading Ladies by
clicking here!they pick a woman from the community who has shown exceptional service and giving to be a leading lady. You get a 4 min interview and have a banquet at the end of the year where the leading lady of the year gets $2500 to go to a charity of their choice! "

So, I get home and I hear a message from the radio station I think "Holy crap! I got my makeover..." but then they go on to say I am a link leading lady and Levi nominated me... I AM SO TICKLED!!! So I interview with Ramona from Matt & Ramona the DAY BEFORE we leave! And it is going to be aired on Saturday! They will send me a CD of it! It can always be downloaded too! Ahhh! I need to get moving then and get packed and cleaned up so I can go stress-free to my interview! They even said to bring my kids... HAHAHA!

I am just blown away! She said Levi wrote 2 pages of wonderful things about me! I WANT TO READ IT!!! He is a wonderful husband and I wish the could honor us together because these adoptions are not just me... they are us!

Anyway, wanted to let you guys know my good news! I am so tickled! I have always wanted to be nominated for something! How cool is that?

I am trying to figure out a way to bring in some adoption charity information and see if I can get started on raising $10,000 to build an orphan home in Mekelle (My goal)! Oh! I am so excited!!!

5 comments:

lindsey said...

thats really sweet! good luck with your interview and flight.

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

That is totally awesome Audra and you are so deserving. I wish I lived within earshot of the interview because I am not savvy enough to figure out how to download to listen to it. Have fun with it and enjoy that bottle of wine (jk) Keep us informed!

Unknown said...

well-deserved and wonderful---and yes--Levi deserves just as much credit! You are in for a wonderful experience---enjoy the ride!

Anonymous said...

I'm a proud mom and mom-in-law right now! Life is good; Enjoy the journey!

Angela Draper said...

Audra you are an amazing woman and I'm so glad that you are being honored for it! I can't wait to hear the interview.