5.08.2008

A Whirlwind!!!

Ok... I am going to be on the radio May 16! That is my "air date". I will link to the interview after it airs! It should be pretty good! I hope! The whole thing seems like a whirlwind!!! But it was fun! And I spoke from my heart! I am just so passionate about adoption, ALL types of adoption and I could have went on and on about what an amazing life changing experience it is, and how there is such a need, etc. etc. All my passion hadto be condensed into 4 minutes and I hope it came across!


The cool thing is, I will now have my 4 minutes of fame!

Just 11 more to go!!!

So there is still room for more fame in my life!

So, here is my day thus far...

I get the kids all cute to go. As I am getting something out of Lettie's room, Jovie comes in, pulls on the dresser and it tips (which I did not know it could do, but all the drawers were out because Lettie was putting on pretty things and getting her baby supplies out) and down comes a glass cookie jar thing... CRASHING to the floor! And it breaks into a thousand pieces, and I hate cleaning up glass! But what do you do... I need to get going and I will clean it up when I get home! As I am loading them into the car I smell something... yep, dirty diaper... so I take Callie out and change her diaper! Then I happen to get behind the slowest car in the world going 30 mph in a 45 zone... but that is OK... I left in plenty of time. Even with the glass & the poop because I am Super Mom and I can handle ANYTHING!

I get there and I meet the promotions manager. She said she would give me some goodies before we start. She gave me a gift card for $25 at a local restaraunt, which I am excited about because Levi and I never go out unless we have an amazing coupon or a gift card!

Everyone was super nice, and it was so nice to meet everyone! I was real tickled to meet Ramona because Levi and I listen to Matt & Ramona all the time! That is the only thing that got me through putting the playset together without pulling my hair out! Levi brought the stereo out just so I could listen to Matt & Ramona and the World of Weezy! (If you have not heard of her, she is Ramona's mom, master Cougar, and because of her, Levi and I now have the noun "floppies" in our vocabulary!)

They said I could bring the kids and they would just put them on the couch and someone would watch them. I thought this meant a couch in the waiting room... nope... IN THE STUDIO!!! Callie was dead asleep, and Jovie had decided today that her baby doll needed a lot of loving attention, so they were actually really good! No hair pulling contests or making each other giggle! The cutest thing is, as I was talking, I look over and Lettie has taken out the pictures of the kids and is showing them to everyone!

The conversation went really well and I hope I don't sound too scatterbrained! I am getting a cold and was up late last night and my brain would not stop swirling! But of course when all is said and done, I was happy with most of what I included, but of course I had a ton of those... I should have said, I wish I had said. The #1 thing I wish I had the oppotunity to say (but no questions led into it) was:

"Even if you can not adopt, there are always ways to help children in need. You can be a mentor to an at-risk child or teen in the states. You can send money to charitable organizations who help out in Africa and/or sponsor a child in a needy country by donating to people like, http://www.adoptionguides.org/. They are an adoption agency, but 100% of donations to their program goes directly to services of women, elderly, and unadoptable children in Africa." (I REALLY REALLY wanted to plug the donations, because it not only benefits a wonderful adoption agency, but it also benefits orphans directly and you know that 100% of the money goes directly to those in need. When I get back from Africa and settle in I hope to help them more with that part of their program!).

The good thing is, they are going to put a link to their agency on my bio! So hopefully some aid will come their way through that!!!

But my #1 thing that I did not do that I regret...

I FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES!!!

How could I... the ultimate shutterbug... FORGET TO TAKE A PICTURE! I brought my camera and everything! I wanted something to put on my blog other than the pictures I borrow from other websites! I had the camera in my bag and everything! I did not want to bug Ramona or anything, but I could have at least taken a picture of the kids outside of the studio... they were so cute in matching shirts... yes, I am THAT mom!

In short... THANK YOU 107.9 The Link! I had a blast! I am so honored to be a Link Leading Lady! And I look forward to the baquet in November!!!

Off I go to pack and clean for the trip! I just needed a moment to wind down and you know I love blogging!!! We leave for the airport at 3:00am... I don't think I am going to even bother sleeping tonght. Maybe that will help me with the jet lag!

3 comments:

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

You Go GIrl! Awesome Audra is off to Africa. I am so excited for you guys. Enjoy the trip and good luck with all the bureaucracy. Of course with as much paperwork as you did, there couldn't possibly be a problem. Relax and enjoy now...

Katie said...

Audra! So glad you got a chance to tell us how it went before you left! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!!!
I just love Lettie showing them the pictures. That is so awesome. How could you not take pictures?! YOU?! Anyway, hope you get some sleep and have a great great time. You, Levi, and your news one will be in our prayers. I am sure Yonas will love you. Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

I didn't get to tell you that I think it is so cool that you got to do this. Mr. T and I LOVE the Link and we listen every day. How much am I gonna brag that I know a "Link Leading Lady"?? You deserved it!!!!