5.06.2008

I Have Conquered the Sea of Paperwork!


... I am no longer drowning in paperwork! Hooray!!!

Done! Done! Done!

I knew this would be the biggest obstacle for me when it came to adoption, because frankly... I HATE PAPERWORK!

After I finished my home study and Dossier I thought, "Whew! The worst is behind me... no more paperwork!" Boy was I wrong! I had not yet been introduced to the embassy, citizenship, and visa paperwork... oh buddy!!!

Because we are adopting 3 kids we had to do each form 3 times and because we are going to another country we want to carry another copy just in case! Luckily I figured out how to fill out the forms on the computer so the poor embassy workers did not have to decipher my TERRIBLE handwriting... but I had to print everything out, then go back and copy most of it again because I did not realize from the get-go that I would need to make another copy. I did not use a copier, but my home printer... which takes an extraordinarily long time... then I had A LOT of documents I needed copies of just in case, but...

I'M DONE! At least I think I am done!

So, for now I shall rejoice!

Of course once I get them home I will have to fill out medical paperwork, citizenship paperwork, birth certificate requests, SS# requests, school form... but for now I can breathe freely knowing I have all the forms done for our trip!!!

So... wanna see it?... here it is!!! Prepare to be impressed...

I can hear your "oooo"s and "aaaaahhhh"s through the computer! The large stack is everything together and the one folder is just my embassy paperwork! That is a heck of a lot of paper! I organized it all neat and purdy like! Hopefully I did not forget anything!

Disclaimer: To anyone reading this blog who is also doing their embassy paperwork... DO NOT FREAK OUT if your stack is not as huge as mine! Since I am adopting 3 kids, therefore had to fill out EVERY form 3 times over, and have some special circumstances that required more documentation... my paperwork is HUMONGOUS and barely fits into the folder... but your paperwork should be considerable thinner!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow girl, that is some dedication! I cannot imagine that much paperwork! You go girl! :)

James said...

Hmmm, dare I mention that some people recommend making pdf files of all your important documents and carrying them on a USB key when you travel? That would be a lot of scanning in your case, but then, you could have back-up copies available very easy without having to pack a tree in your trunk.