5.19.2008

My Backyard Smells Wonderful!

If you ask my my favorite flower, that would be Honeysuckle and Carnations! I am all about good smellin' flowers! I have honeysuckle lotion and a honeysuckle Yankee Candle. Honeysuckle also always reminds me of late spring/ early summer and it reminds me of the softball fields growing up. Whether it was my sisters or me playing, there was always a TON of honeysuckle vines and the smell was always so strong. And I love to pull off the flowers and taste the nectar!


As I walked outside tonight I was overwhelmed by the smell! The honeysuckle is in full bloom and boy does it smell good around my house! And better yet, last year we just had a teeny patch on our hill after we cleared it off and put up a fence. This year, I have honeysuckle spiraling up my fence. Not only does it smell good, but it looks very pretty! I am going to enjoy being outside and smelling the honeysuckle this week!!! I will have to show the kids how to taste the nectar!

2 comments:

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

I love honeysuckle smell also but I HATE bees and they are always around honeysuckle.

Angela Draper said...

I love honeysuckle so much! It brings back such fun memories from my childhood. I loved to pull the flower out and suck out the necter. Mmmm...