6.24.2008

Mmmmm... Cheap American Chocolate!

We went to Wal-mart the other day and the Hershey candy bars were $.33, so I told all the kids they could pick out 1 candy bar (and YES I was in Wal-mart with ALL 7 kids, by myself... more about that in the future late Father's Day post that details why I am the best wife in the world). Anyway, Nolan & Lettie knew what they wanted, but Salie, Yonas, and Yomane had no clue which they wanted. I tried to show them the pictures, but I knew they had no clue what they tasted like.

So, what is a mom to do? Buy a couple of each type, divide it up, and have a Chocolate tasting dessert! So, now they know what Hershey's Milk Chocolate, Hershey's With Almonds, Almond Joy, Reeces, and Kit Kat now taste like. I do not know what their favorites are. I do know by the handful of Almonds with the Chocolate sucked off them that was given to me that Yomane is not very fond of nuts in his chocolate. And know Salie likes EVERYTHING by the fact that she spent the entire time saying, "I lika dis one! I like dis one!" Which is the cutest thing to hear! ... except... She always goes up to Callie and says "I likea dis one!" which is too cute, until she follows it up with, "Jovie no! No lika Jovie, Lika Callie! Lika dis one!" Basically, Salie likes to baby Callie and Callie LOVES to be babies. Jovie on the other hand scowels at her and walks away at any attempt to baby because in Jovie's head she is 5 years old and how dare you even try to touch her!

But back to the point! It was a lot of fun to enjoy chocolate with them! So, enjoy the pics! And yes, it is the summer, and yes Yonas is wearing a winter hat, and no amount of trying to explain that it was 100 degrees outside (literally) could make him take off the hat for about 3 days.

4 comments:

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

And it is nice that all the kids are alive and happy! And you seem pretty good, too! 7 kids in almost 6 years...our 8 kids in 14 years were crazy! How's Levi? Knowing him, Levi's just goin' with the flow!

Katie said...

very fun. But mostly I want to comment on your house - so clean! Woohoo Audra! BTW, that was me on commenting on the above post, not Chad.

Audra said...

Ummm... you have not seen it today... ugh! And I should be cleaning right now instead of reading blogs... hhaha!

Jones Family said...

I love reading your blog! It is so much fun! Your kids are so cute and you are so brave to take all of them to the store by yourself! I would love to hear how that went! Hope all is well with you!