6.01.2008

A Really Good Big Sister!

Salie (Selamawit... we call her Salie... said like Sally, but the "a" makes an "ah" sound instead of an "aye" sound) is very good at being a big sister... for the most part! She LOVES the babies... not too much where she smothers them, but she does dote on them and gives them some of the best attention! Callie is her particular favorite... because if you remember, Jovie is a big girl and must be treated accordingly, but Callie LOVES to be the baby!

The other day I hear Callie giggling... She sounded so giddy, so I went to see what was going on and found this:


Is that cute or what?!?!

Then, the other day I see her go into my bathroom and pick up some hair ties and hair clips. She then goes out of the room not saying a word. I go into the playroom and this is what I find:


The thing that amazes me is that Jovie sat through the whole "beauty treatment"! Jovie never lets me keep so much as a hair clip in her hair over 15 seconds. And she hates to sit still. But Salie probably worked on her hair for a good 15-20 minutes. Jovie was happy as long as she was sitting there with her toothpaste and toothbrush "brushing her teeth"!

Here is the results:

Jovie was so proud! We told her she was pretty and she just prances around! Notice the amount of hair bands and hair clips! And notice... she still has her toothbrush!

The Salie disapears upstairs and 5 minutes later Callie comes downstairs with her new do:


With her curly hair she could not be as through as she was with Jovie! But I think she did a good job just the same and Callie thought she was beautiful! She was twirling and high-stepping all over the living room. It was hard to get her to stop showing off to take a picture. That is why they are fuzzy!

And then tonight, Nolan made an attempt to wrestle with her and apparently he jumped on her back, she picked him up and wrapped him around her and just held him there. Then he did it again and picked him up and piggy-backed him and ran him around the downstairs:


This girl is one tough cookie! She is a trip!

We also have decided on Macie as her middle name, so she goes around saying, "I am Selamawit MACIE Jeppson!" She accents the Macie. By the end of the summer we may be calling her Macie, we will see how it goes! I was weeding the flower bed today and she jumped in a joined me and weeded just as much, if not more than me! She is a determined little thing in so many ways and she can be stubborn at times, but what kid is not? And she is a daddy's girl! We have had so much fun getting to know her as our daughter!

5 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Those are SUCH cute pictures- I'm glad to hear that it's going well! Let us know if we can do anything to help out!

Katie said...

I CAN'T believe that Miss Jovie sat still for Salie to do her hair! And then she is totally posing for those pictures with her hair done. So proud! This post really tickles me.

Christie said...

Maybe she'll work her magic on Elizabeth when we come in July! How cute!

Krissy said...

Oh AUDRA!!!!!!!!!! Little Salie is TOO dang cute for words. I'll be there over July 4th, and I can't WAIT to see your kids. How's the english coming?? ARGH SO freakin cute. SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOO CUTE!

Angela Draper said...

What a darling girl! It looks like she is fitting right into being a big sister. How lucky that you are her parents. Enjoy!