4.30.2009

Cheer up Jovie!!

What a pitiful face!!!


Why so sad Jo-Lea???
















Our refrigerator went out! We have been trying to save it for over a year now! It starts to get warm and we (well I) defrost the freezer coils with a hairdryer and it works for a few months. This time it only bounced back for a few weeks. It was time...

but as I watched the delivery men heave our old refrigerator out the front door I heard a little whimper behind me! I turned around and saw the saddest Jovie face! My camera was right there, so I snapped a picture! How could they be taking away HER refrigerator?!

The new fridge looks a lot like the old fridge! Just a different brand and the water and ice dispenser is separate in this one rather than it coming out of the same place and having to press a button!

Once Jovie noticed that fact (and the benefits of it for a little one who can not press the button and gets frustrated when only ice is coming out when she wants water)...







It met her approval!











As a kid I would also get attached to things and would hate it when they broke, wore out, or just needed to be updated! I still remember when my mom changed the front door of our house. I was sad to see the old one go! Which is weird. The old one was just a plain old solid door. The new one had the fancy window in it and everything!

Do you remember being sad when something weird had to be thrown out, replaced, or changed?

4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh so sad! I don't really remember being sad about anything getting thrown out. My mom did say that for a LONG time I cried everytime I flushed my poop because I thought I was flushing a part of myself away. Kids are so cute!

Ashley said...

I was sad when we got rid of our big red van. I even sat in it alone for a a few minutes and said my goodbyes.

Nemesis said...

I cried when my parents got rid of our big blue van. The new one was about 8 billion times nicer (it had a TV and a VCR inside!) but STILL.

Autumn said...

Audra, I just love how your little girls are regularly in just their diapers. That's how my little Leah was. She still comes him from school and takes her clothes right off. We always tease her that she just wants "to be free" :)