4.28.2009

Silas' Hair Shearing!

No... Silas did not have a hair cut... he was sheared... like a sheep!

The clippers would get stuck his hair is so thick! I had to go slow and in small sections! And it came off in a tight sheet of hair, kind of like the picture of the farmer shearing the sheep! It was hilarious!
I let his hair grow out and we tried dreads. But his hair is too thick and too curly. I will have to wait until he is older and can twist it himself. But he enjoyed having his hair long, so I put off cutting it. But it was getting too hot and his hair was too thick and getting fuzzy and half of it was locked, so I convinced him it was time. But no, it was not a hair cut. It was a hair SHEARING! His hair was a thick as a lambs coat! He and Ruby have the THICKEST hair!



He liked the Mohawk! He wanted to keep it that way!

I am so happy is cut! I felt hot just looking at him! Now... his hair is so airy and cool! He is a handsome boy!

5 comments:

Katie said...

He IS a handsome boy! I am sure it is a lot cooler now. Did you hear that Evan got a hair cut too?

Kristin said...

You should have let him keep the mowhawk for just a day or two! :) Very nice shearing job! :)

lindsey said...

i remember shearing my lamb, I bet he doesn't kick as hard ;) and I hope you didn't knick him a couple of times like I always managed to with my lambs. He looks good. he is a very good looking kid.

Ashley said...

Like Lindsey, I have experience shearing a lamb - at least you didn't have to shear around private parts :) He looks really good - and I'm sure his head feels free and cool! I want to see Evan's haircut!

Christie said...

Cracking up at my sisters' lamb comments! He looks great!