12.03.2008

My Mom Loves Me!

When we were initially adopting from Africa, my mom got me some note cards with this picture on it to use as thank you notes. I LOVE THIS PICTURE! It is beautiful and to me symbolizes that Christ is mindful of Africa and those children are his brothers and sisters too! The expression on his face is so loving and yet so sad and thoughtful. And the little boy's eyes just take you in! I can not help but think when I look at him that he looks a lot like how I imagine Yonas would have looked as a little boy. Smooth dark skin with big eyes! My mom had mentioned that she wanted to buy a big version for me before, but did not want to do so until we got the kids home because she did not want to jinx anything!

I had just been thinking about how I wanted a good picture of Christ in my house. One that would be big, framed, and a center focus of my downstairs! The only problem is my options are limited in Charlotte! The only LDS Bookstore is near the temple in SC and they did not have anything that really struck me as the picture I was looking for. Utah had so many amazing options and there was always an art/picture gallery store in University Mall that had some fabulous art pieces, a lot of them Mormon themed, but I could not find the things they carried on-line!

Well, right before Thanksgiving she had a big box for us when they came to Charlotte to pick up Sam (I had picked him up at the airport)! I opened it up... and there it was! The picture! Framed beautifully! It matches my dresser that I have inside by front door perfectly and it COMPLETES my home!!! Now I have a beautiful picture of Christ, in a scene that is very sentimental to me, and it is stunning and a center focus in my home!

It truly takes your breath away and I am so proud of it!

Thanks again mom!!!

8 comments:

Katie said...

I looks wonderful there. Love it.

Olivia Carter said...

That is an AMAZING picture. I saw it just a couple weeks ago when I was searching the internet to plan my Sharing Time lesson for that week- Heavenly Father loves ALL of His children. This was one of the pictures that popped up & I wish I could have gotten my hands on it. It's just beautiful.

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Oh,wow, that is perfect!

Anonymous said...

I need need need that picture. Please if you could tell me where to get it or how that would really help me. Thank you! I have been trying to find a picture with Christ and nothing really has struck out at me.

Audra said...

The picture was commisioned by a group called Mother's Without Borders. That is all I know. My brother found it for my mom out in Utah somewhere. You may want to try some of the book stores or framing galleries there, or maybe you can find it on-line. I know they talk about the picture of the Mother's Without Borders website

Anonymous said...

Okay so is yours 16 by 22.5 inches or is it bigger? If it's bigger than holy crap. Your mom is one generous gal. She must really love you;)

Audra said...

It is big... I am unsure how big, but it is big. It is signed and numbered. My brother found it for her for 20% off and then 20 % off that. So it probably was not the cheapest, but cheaper than it was. I have no clue how much it cost... so, yeah, she loves me a lot ;)! Not that expensive gifts are symbols of a mother's love, but the fact that she tracked it down for me and it means so much to her makes it mean even more to me than it already does :)!

Anonymous said...

Okay so I don't mean to bother you about this but do you know what store your brother found it at and maybe the phone number?

If it's a signed canvas than um...yeah your mother loves you BIG time!!!!