2.02.2010

So laid back... sometimes...

Nolan has a tendency to "freak out". He gets frustrated and upset about the littlest things like school work or a game. You often hear him yelling "Ugh" from all the way across the house. Then you will hear Levi and I telling him to stop "freaking out" over little things.

Yet...

You can take him to the dentist ... he doesn't get nervous.
They bring out the "pokey" thing ... he doesn't flinch.
They tell him they have to pull 2 of his teeth ... no sweat.

Nolan has what I call a "shark tooth"... a tooth coming in behind the baby tooth instead of pushing his baby tooth out. So if this continues he would have a second row of teeth like a shark. The problem is... there was no room for it in the first place. So they have to remove his Canines on the bottom and go from there.

We got in the car and he asked me what would happen when they removed his teeth and I told him they would give him some good smelling air that would make him think funny things and then they would put shots in his mouth (Nolan is really good with honesty) and he was like, "eh, ok, whatever." He seems excited to feel the sensation of a numb mouth. Weirdo. He has had stitches 3 times, had 3 different minor surgery things, had weird electric current therapy, had to take the nastiest medicine known to man... yet ... he has always just went with the flow...

Lose a life on a video game... end of the world... get 2 teeth pulled... no biggie!

I sure hope he feels the same way tomorrow when he gets his teeth pulled...


2 comments:

Christie said...

Such a funny kid!

P.S. Laughing gas doesn't worl on me, and I think I', not the only one in the family...so, just be aware.

lindsey said...

Laughing gas just really freaks me out.. it makes me feel like I can't breathe, but I can't do anything about it... so be warned that he might react poorly to it.