3.23.2008

The Evolution of the Playset!

The reviews said you had to really love your children to put this playset together for them. AMEN!

Good thing we love our children! We finished about 10 days ago, we just did not have time to post with Lettie's surgery and everything!

Day 1: Levi and I started around noon and got the frame done. We got the boards sorted and ready!

Day2: Levi was at school so I did as much as I could by myself. He has pulled out his neck so I did the the floor and everything that one person could do by themselves.


Day 3: Levi was at school so I put up the railings. He for had gotten a stomach bug so basically I did all of day 3 with a little board holding help from Levi. the shingles are not on, but the railings are up where I do not have a heart attack every time a baby tries to join me at the top of the playset!

Typical me as I am building. Callie wanting me to hold her and Jovie getting into everything. Her favorite thing to do was to dump out my screws and then throw them. Callie would throw them too! They both are really good throwers now that they practices with a whole tub of 2" wood screws!
Day 4:The weather was AMAZING so I did as much work as I could do while Levi was at school. It was Thursday and they were calling for rain on Friday and we wanted to seal the wood before it rained... then we found out it was still too cold at night (it has to not get below 50 degrees) to properly seal the wood. So I was hurring for nothing. But I got the shingles on, the walkway finished!

Day 5: EVERY child got the stomach flu! Puke everywhere!!! It was BAD! When Levi got home I was able to put the tunnel and tunnel bracings in place... EVERYTHING WAS DONE BUT THE LITLE CROWS NEST! Then...


Day 6: My turn. I get the stomach bug BAD! I could not get out of bed! So... my dear sweet darling husband put the crows nest on. He would always talk about how as a kid the other kids would try to steal and hide the last pieces of a puzzle so they could be the ones to put them in. This was my "last piece" of the puzzle that I did not get to put in because I was SO SICK!!! Levi said he felt bad that I put all that work into it and I did not get the crowning moment of putting in the last screw, standing back, and admiring my work!

But I suppose I shall not complain! It turned out pretty didn't it! The kids love it! So, although it took a lot of work... yes it was worth it to see the joy my kids have when playing on it!


See look! Isn't that a cute picture?!? It is moments like this that make it all worth it! We bought a baby swing for it as well and Callie loves to swing. For some reason it scares my normally fearless Jovie! But Jovie is all about the slide! We had to remove the bottom rungs of the rock ladder so the big kids can still go up, but the babies can not! We are going to put something to block them from going down the big ladder as well. But other than that it is pretty baby friendly! I am going to make them a Home Sweet Home sign for the inside of the playhouse and maybe make some curtains that can be taken down and washed easily! There are so many fun things we can do with it! We are going to do our best to take good care of it so we can have years and years of family fun on our playset!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We had a playset similar to this for our kids---it was wonderful---they played with it and hung out in the playhouse area well into their teens---it was a monster to put together too.

Katie said...

Looks great! We will never do one ourselves, so we will just have to come over and take advantage of yours!

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

It could make a nice grandparents quarters. When can we move in.

Angela Draper said...

Way to go! That playground is so amazing. I would love to have one for my kids, but somehow I imagine it wouldn't travel well in military moves :)