3.05.2008

My poor Princess Teenie (aka Lettie)...

She has to get her adenoids out! While they are at it they are also taking her tonsils. Sigh...

She snores! She snores BAD!!!

There are even points where her breathing is interrupted. So she has a sort of sleep apnea as well. When they took a x-ray you could see that she had absolutely no distiguishable airway between her mouth and nose. So, picture the adnoid in the picture being so enlarged it cuts off the airway. That is Lettie. You could see the airway going to her mouth, but no further. She breathes out of her mouth. You would think she had a cold all the time. Sometimes she even snores while awake! Poor kid!

She is so teeny tiny, I hate for her to have to have surgery! But I am anxious for her to have her "nose fixed" and I think she is too!!! I think it will also help her speech. She talks like her nose is stuffed and I do not think she hears herself correctly because of it, so she does not annuciate!

She also sleeps a lot more than she should. Sometimes she is impossible to wake up even at 9am because she is so restless as she sleeps. So, it is a good thing... I think I am more nervous than she is! Also, she is such a pitiful thing when she gets sick or hurt too! So I know she is going to be a pitiful pitiful Princess Teenie! So keep us in your thoughts and prayers Monday, March 17!

10 comments:

Jamie said...

Good luck Lettie! Hey on the bright side you get to eat plenty of ice cream and popsicles! That what I would eat when I had my tonsils out.

Jones Family said...

POOR Little Girl! We will be praying for you!

Katie said...

Ahhh, that is the day before we go out of town. I will have to leave behind some kind of get-well gift. Poor Lettuce!

Christie said...

Ahhh, poor Lettie!

Olivia Carter said...

I had this done when I was just a lil' one too! Not my tonsils but adenoids along with my ear surgery. I don't remember it so it must not have been too bad. Good luck with everything!

James said...

I really hope this will help her. It sounds like a lot of problems will get resolved by this surgery. Lots of ice cream and popsicles afterwards can't be all that bad either. We'll have the prayers going for her. She might even have a bit of fun with this "adventure" depending on how you "sell" it to her.

Angela Draper said...

Poor girl! I hope all goes well with the surgery. My friend's two kids had to have that surgery done and while they were so sad right after, the long term result was well worth it. Good luck!

Unknown said...

My lyric had this done at 2---it changed her life! she could sleep thru the night---she stopped snoring---she was up and running the next day----Ace had it done at 13 and suffered for 2 weeks!

Audra said...

Ace is 13? Wow... what happened to the little boy "sliding into first" at Bobby & Sabina's wedding reception. Wow! Thanks for letting me know how it was not so bad for Lyric... I hope it is the same for Lettie although she does like to be pitiful... she may play it up for a little while!

Ashley said...

Hope everything goes okay today. Let us know!