3.16.2008

She did good... but still...

POOR PRINCESS TEENIE!


I went with Lettie to the hospital along with my mom. Levi was not feeling well, so he stayed home with the babies. When she got to the hospital she was fine until she was taken back. Then she said she was a little nervous. Before taking the kids back they give them some "happy medicine"! My mom and I could not resist taking pictures of her under the influence of this medicine because she was SO FUNNY! Her eyes were glassy, she had a relaxed & lose smile, she was slurring, and she was saying all sorts of funny things. She kept starting knock knock jokes that she would never finish because by the time I could say "Who's there?" she would lose her train of thought and end up starting over, or laughing very slowly! She also went on and on about how she wanted to ride the elevator up just once (I think the noises in the holding area sounded like elevator dings)! She was very upset when they took her from me and I was sad to see her go, but I they said she will never remember it because of the medicine.

The surgery did not take long at all, but the doctor said her adenoids were definately enlarged and she will breathe and sleep A LOT better now!

She came out of surgery and was out of her head. They always are. She was MAD and did not like that she had a oxygen monitor taped to her toe (which itself was just a teeny piece of plastic, NOTHING compared to the fact she had her tonsils and adenoids just cut out) and she kept trying to kick it off with her other foot. She was also upset about the IV and I really did not blame her. They do not want her to pull it out so they taped it tight to her hand and it looked like it hurt. When they took it off you could see where the plastic dug into her hands.

When they got her to an actual hospital room to recover in, the cartoons on the TV distracted her from the IV and she calmed down. She drank some apple juice and was able to get her IV out. We got home today, gave her Tylenol with codeine, and she has eaten probably at LEAST 8 Popsicles. She is very sore and very pitiful, but I can not help but think she will feel A LOT better tomorrow. I hope. I hope she will at least be able to eat something besides Popsicles. We will see! In the meantime I hope you enjoyed the picture of my drunk, but happy Princess Teenie!

5 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Poor baby! Hope she feels better soon- I don't remember my surgery & I was probably her age so hopefully she'll won't remember it later!

Jones Family said...

Poor little girl! Hope she will recover fast! She is in our prayers! I know how hard it is to watch your child in a hospital! We love yoU!

Angela Draper said...

Poor girl! I dolove the picture though. I'm glad she was able to have the surgery and I hope the recovery goes quickly!

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

Poor Lettie. Tell her that grandpa loves her and hopes she gets well soon!

Christie said...

Hope she's doing better now!