11.13.2008

Already Looking Forward to Next Year!

So, we went to The Cheesecake Factory and ate a HUGE appetizer plate until our eyeballs just about popped! I got a Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake! I realized I forgot the tickets, but they said with my ID I could get them at the Will-call window. We get there and I realize (or think I realize) I left my ID and Credit Card in the van, so I run back and panic when I can not find them just to realize I left it all in my purse with Katie. But we find a bathroom without a line a mile long, settle into our seats, and we soak in the show! It was great! It is always great! And I hated for it to end! It could have been twice as long and I would have happily sat in my seat and watched it all! Some dances were even better live than on TV!

The only sad thing is it is going to be a whole other year until it comes around again! :::cry:::

We ran into Sabina's friend Lindsey there and her sister Ashley, so we got to get to know them while waiting for the performers to come out (we were there for over 2 hours before we met everybody)!

So, here are my pics!

The grand entrance!
Introducing the dancers!

Explaining 4-Real!
Hip-hop!
Where's Carington?
The comic relief of the night!
Bollywood! This one was awesome!
Group Mia Michaels number!
The door dance! Right before the kiss!
The door dance again! I love this shot!
Striking a final pose!
Saying Farewell!
The last number!
This is Mark. He is my favorite! And he is not Katie's favorite! He came by and after the pic I told him I could go home now because I met my favorite, but I had to now wait around for Katie's favorite. So basically, I told him he was not Katie's favorite! But come on... it was midnight, I had very little sleep the night before, and I just don't think strait under those conditions!
Chelsea T. was super sweet and we were happy to see her on the tour!
Katee & Katie!
Comfort was so nice and she had an awesome solo! She also did a number with Twitch that was awesome! She is truly an awesome hip-hop dancer!
We love Twitch! He is such a nice guy and a dynamic dancer! His solo was spectacular! I wish I could have gotten a Twitch shirt, but for $30...no way!
Thayne and Joshua signing autographs in the rain, and boy was it raining! You can see the big drops in the pic!
Courtney! She is a pretty little thing! I wish I could move like her. I tried out her "The Garden" dance move in line, but I just don't pull it off!
The resident Mormon! There is always at least one and we had to ask because with 3 people from Utah in the show, we knew one had to be Mormon! It was cute because when we asked she proudly said, "I am VERY Mormon!" Woo-hoo! Go LDS!
Thayne. He is cheesy, but nice!

Yeah Gev! Because of Gev I often catch my kids trying to do hand stands and break dancing moves behind my back!

It started to rain! It was big HUGE drops! Here is Katie and Lindsey's reaction!
OK... I was not going to kiss anyone this year! I really wasn't! But then Josh was the last person we met and I thought, "Heck! Why break tradition?" So on the spurt of the moment when the first flash went off on the camera I turned and made my move!!! His cheek was very soft... haha!
I got Mark to sign my arm! Just because! And because it makes Levi roll his eyes at me!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

lol - Lindsey and her sister Ashley. That's pretty funny.

Which person was Katie's favorite?
Glad you guys had fun! I guess I wouldn't fit in if we moved there.

Audra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

I loved Will but we didn't get to meet him. And I loved Twitch but he was ready to leave by the time we got a picture with him.

gosh, we like other things too. You would fit in :oP You could just ingore this stuff like the guys do.

The whole Lindsey and Ashley thing didn't occur to me until I was driving home and then I laughed.

I agree Audra - it could have been twice as long and I wouldn't have minded!

Audra said...

I think Katie has a lot of favorites. I think is it Twitch though... she will have to confirm that! It was just a silly comment for me to make! I have a lot of favs too... I just have a weird thing for Mark because I had a really detailed dream about him being my dance partner! It seems every year I at least have one dream where I am in the top 10 of SYTYCD and I have no clue how I got there, I have no clue why people don't notice that I can not dance, and it is the day of the performance and I do not know the name of the dance that we are performing, much less the moves. Yet I end up going on stage, going through the motions, and I do ok. So, yeah, Mark is my dream "dance partner" so now he holds a special place in my heart. I thought it was just me, but there is someone else who fessed up to having something like that with a famous person much more weird than mine (in my opinion), but I will let her fess up to it if she so chooses... haha!

Another guy that is terrific to watch is Will. We do not have a pic with him, but my theory is the less he wears when he dances the more impressive he is... haha. Not in a gross way... he is just cut like a statue and every movement is so precise you can see it in every muscle. It is like watching a beautiful sculpture come to life.

But you might fit in, we would bring you over to the dark side!

lindsey said...

I really got into this season for the first time (seth complained through the whole season but since we were in arizona and everyone else there loved the show i won) I loved twitch because of his personality but man did will win me over with those jumps in the russian dance. I dunno why but everyone else hated katee and i loved her. Probaby because she was in some of the best dances of the season. Sigh maybe someday i can fly out there and come with you guys :)

Autumn said...

I think I've said this before but Audra, we so could hang out!! I loved Mark!! AND I totally would have had him autograph my arm AND my husband would have totally rolled his eyes at it :) I loved Katee too...and Gev...okay I liked a lot of the dancers :) This night looks like it was fun for sure!

The Harts said...

Audra!!! LOVE the pics! You got such great shots of the stage from where you guys were sitting. Do you mind if I post a few of those on my blog?!?! Also, do you still have the one of Twitch, Ash & I!!! I can't wait to see it, if so. I know you are super busy, but if you wouldn't mind emailing it when you have a second: linzlouhart@gmail.com

We had a blast!!!! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

What is the show?! I can't find a reference anywhere. I know I'm old, but. . .