11.01.2008

Nolan the Gremlin!

Nolan wanted to be a Gremlin and my first thought was "Wrong decade buddy!" My second thought was "How am I going to make a Gremlin costime 20 +/- years after the height of popularity?" And my third thought was, "Come heck or high water, this kid will be a Gremlin!"

(The 3rd thought is an inherited trait! I come from a long time of women who: if their kid wants it, they will get it! Therefore my grandma stood in line during the whole Cabbage Patch obcession to make sure each of her grandkids got Cabbage Patches! My Cabbage Patch had long red hair in pigtails! Same with my mom! I remember one year I wanted to be a mummy and she tore up sheets and spray painted them with grey spraypaint to make them look old, and then at the last minute I changed my mind! I did not appreciate her sacrifice until I was older and now I can not help but think about how nice she was about it! I remember her telling me it was no big deal and then going to work on the new idea I had. That is motherly love and I have to remember that when my kids decide to change their mind because I know it will happen soon! I will be tempted to throw the torn up sheets at them and tell them to shove them where the sun don't shine... but then I will remember my poor mom not complaining once about it...that I know of!)



So, I made Nolan a Gremlin and I must say, I did a pretty darn good job! He wore a swamp monster costume body and his ears! Most people knew he was a Gremlin, though occasionally he would be mistaken for an elephant. You can't win them all!!!








Since I cut his hair into a Mohawk for Halloween, I thought I might as well have some fun with it on Halloween day, so I spiked it up for school, sprayed it red and green, and sent him off to terrorize his teacher!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Audra - you did a GREAT job with that costume. So cool.

I think someone is begging to make nativity costumes this year ;o)