11.01.2008

Jovie the Joker!

Why so serious?

Since the lipstick incident, I said I was going to make Jovie the Joker for Halloween! And boy oh boy she was a good Joker! I loved the part on the Office this week where 3 people at work come in dressed as the Joker! I knew the Joker would be the hot costume this year, but no one expects an almost 2-year-old to be dressed as the Joker, so she got A LOT of laughs! She took trick or treating very seriously too, so she would often stand there very still holding her bag! She looked like a little doll. One person passing by our house as we were leaving thought she was a figurine until she moved. She looked more and more like the Joker as the night wore on because as the makeup smuged more and caked in some places and came off in others! It is fun when they are too young to have an opinion on their costume! You can do all sorts of fun things! Nolan was Eminem when he was 2 years old!













All night this is how the conversations with Jovie would go:

Me: Jovie, do you want to get in the wagon?
Jovie: NnnnnO!

Me: Jovie, do you want to walk?
Jovie: NnnnnO!
Me: Jovie, do you want to get more candy?
Jovie: NnnnnO!

Me: Jovie, do you want to go home?
Jovie: NnnnnO!

Me: Jovie, do you want to go to the next house?
Jovie: NnnnnO!

If you know Jovie... she rarely says "Yes"! Everything is No, and often No means Yes, you just have to interpret the tone of the No. She is just one of those kids who seems in a bad mood, even when she is not! She was LOVING Trick or Treating, but she would not let on. She would not say Trick or Treat, she would not say Thank You. She is going to be an interesting teenager.

At the end of the night she had a bath and was eating the monster cupcakes, so I decided to take the time to ask her how her day went! So, here is my little interview with her at the end of the night:

So in other words... she had a great time! (And was ready for bed!)

5 comments:

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

I couldn't hear Jovie because of your dumb background music.

Cute kid(s).

Audra said...

You go down to the bottom of the dumb page and press the dumb pause button on the dumb music player. But for a few days I went ahead and removed the dumb player so people dont have to pause the dumb music in order to hear Jovie! :)

Ashley said...

I hate dumb music on otherwise great blogs :)

Love all the posts about Halloween! Cute kiddos!

Katie said...

oh, so so wrong but that kid is so cute.

And I always have my sound off, but sometimes I turn it on just to hear your music :o)

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

LOL! I'm SURE she will be an interesting teenager, and I will laugh with her!!!