11.15.2008

An 11pm Bath!

Levi and I were finishing up watching a movie at around 11pm when we heard what sounded like a herd of elephants upstairs. I thought it was one of the older kids stumbling around trying to find the bathroom in their half-asleep/half-awake state! Then suddenly the thumping came down the stairs and around the corner pops Callie with her curls sticking up a mile high and a big smile on her face. I wish I could have captured that moment. We were shocked to see that it was such a little girl making such a big noise. She has unusually large feet for a little one, so her steps are a lot less light than other toddlers.

Anyway, she has been really bad about not sleeping through the night and trying to get in our bed in the middle of the night. So she probably woke up, saw we were downstairs, and figured that was the next best place to be! The problem is, she had one request... a bath! And every time she would mention it, I would say "No honey, it is 11 at night" and she would cry, but then come back and request a bath again. She was so tired and out of her head, so I decided to grab the camera and get a snap shot of how sad the thought of her mom not giving her a bath at 11pm made her! That girl loves a bath, and there is nothing I like more than watching her enjoy a bath... but NOT at 11 at night!

So, here she is! My sweet little bath loving girl!

She is speaking a lot more now and Ruby was giving one of her famous English Speaking Lessons to her today! She would ask her to repeat everyones name, but they all came out sounding like "No, No" no mater what name Ruby said... but you could tell she was trying! She says fish "bish" and bath is "bap"! It is so cute I have a hard time not referring to it as a "Bap" now!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I love how little kids talk. My little Hannah calls a bath a 'bass' so that's what I call it sometimes too. Little Callie is so cute! Loved the video! :)

Sabina said...

AHHHHHHHHH
Callie is so cute, but what is funny is that Santi is not loving baths now, he says he wastes time for playing when he takes a bath.

Jamie said...

I love that look she gives you with the tears brimming. So sad, but so cute! Cute hair too! :)

Anonymous said...

HAHA! I am only laughing because our little Miss Sassy gives us that same look when Tadd tells her "No"...Oh, what mean mommies are we! ;-)