2.20.2009

Florida Vacation #2: Temple Trip

We had a day to just kick around, so we went to the Orlando Temple! The building was gorgeous of course, the ground were so pretty, and it was a nice bright sunny day to walk around! I wish I brought my nice camera, but I just brought my point & shoot. Here are some pics!
My forever family! I love these kids! They always make me smile and make life so much fun!
Nolan & Yonas got new Book of Mormons. The other ones they had did not have the Doctrine and Covenants in it and since they are studying the Doctrine and Covenants in Sunday School they needed the whole triple! The only problem is I could not get Nolan to put his down for the picture! As good as a group picture of this many kids gets!
We tried to take a family picture and although we were in the shade facing away from the sun the light was too bright and it was hard for me and the kids to keep our eyes open, so we are all squishy faced! We determined that there is something about the white temples that reflects the sun in such as way as to ruin any chance of getting everyone's eyes open for a picture! Anyone else notice that? The only time I am literally blinded by the sun and my eyes start watering profusely is at the temple!
And then, notice Jovie... her big brothers and sisters taught her a new trick as to what to do when a picture is taken... therefore it is hard to get her to stop making that goofy face in group shots!
Taking a stroll around the grounds! Ahhh... palm trees!
Jovie and Callie making their way down the steps!
Pretty!
My Callie girl with the crazy curls!
Grandma showing Jovie the fountain!
Silas taking a look!
All the other kids wanted to look too!
The sky is such a perfect blue!
The best group of kids in the world!
After that we went to a local park to find a geocache! Jovie kept falling further and further behind because...
... she wanted to stop and pick up all the rocks and shove them in her pocket! She had quite the collection by the end!
They had a pretty white turkey!























And the kids loved the pot belly pigs!

















And the kids enjoyed seeing the wildlife!











Ruby giving Callie her piggy back ride to the car! She is a very good big sister and takes good care of the little ones!
It was a nice day in the sun!








3 comments:

Katie said...

Ahhh. We went to the Orlando temple with the kids when we were there in '07. So beautiful!

And cute Jovie with the rocks.

Ashley said...

Looks like fun! I'm totally envying the short sleeves and sunlight!

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

Beautiful family!