2.17.2009

Forida Vacation #1: Walt Disney World

Here are some pictures of our big happy bunch at Walt Disney World! The Happiest Place on Earth and by far my favorite place to go on vacation! I never get tired of it! I am like a big kid! And I know Disney like the back of my hand! I should write one of those tip books to tell you how to get the most out of your Disney experience for the least amount of money and to do the most with the time you have! We always stay from 1/2 hour before the park opens to 1/2 hour after it closes and we ride most everything we want to! I love love love Disney and I was so excited to share it for the first time with Yonas, Ruby, and Silas! They totally did not know what to expect! So we broke them in on Aladdin's magic carpet ride and the Jungle cruise! Then we went to Splash Mountain. Levi and I had them look the other direction as we sped walked past the part where the boats plummet so they would not see what was in store for them! It worked! They did not see and they loved it! Since we were there so early too we walked right on and were even able to do Thunder Mountain Railroad twice with no line! It was a fun magical day! (Poor Levi did have to miss his favorite rides because of his neck... but he enjoyed seeing the kids see Disney for the first time)!

The "big ones" on Aladdin's magic carpet! I was in front of them with Callie and Jovie! It was their first ride and they loved it! We were able to ride it 2 more times that night after fireworks. There was no line and we just stayed on!
Soaring in the blue sky!

Callie and Jovie enjoying the wind in their hair!
The Happiest Boat Ride! GG and my Mom came with us for the first half of the day with the babies! Callie & Lettie loved their GG and I was glad she got to get to know them! It was a lot of fun having them along! Mid way through the day they took the babies and Lettie back to the condo.
Silly Silas and Chillin' Nolan!
Me and my Yonas ready to set sail!
Coming up to the first tunnel! Jovie looks concerned! We just got off the Haunted Mansion with her, so she is a little skeptical now! She was a trooper in the Haunted Mansion until the end when the Hitchhiking ghosts show up in your cart! The ghost looked like it was on her lap and she started shrieking "Oh No Daddy! Oh No!" And it did not help that the ride stopped right then so she had to stare at it sitting on her!
Callie and her GG!
Jovie and Grandma!
Callie liked the rented strollers so much that when we took her out of our stroller that we brought she jumped in someone else's stroller...
...and when I asked her to get out she tried to buckle up!
All my critters in jail with the Emperor Zurg! Ruby look so sad! She is a good little actress!
While waiting for the parade the workers had the kids do an impromptu game of duck duck goose! We have not been able to get Lettie to stop playing duck duck goose since! She loved it! The problem is they would automatically pick their brothers and sisters, so often it would take awhile for the other kids to get a turn!
Cinderella during the parade! Ariel was right behind her and waved at Ruby! She talked about that all day, "Mommy! Little Mermaid said hello to me! She waved at me!"
Waiting for "Stitches Great Escape!" Notice how Nolan is trying to look composed! This kid is usually scared of nothing! But for some reason he was scared to death of this one! And then we get inside and when the scary part comes and the lights turn off he starts yelling, "SEE MOM! SEE! IT IS DARK AND THIS IS WHY I AM SCARED! MOM THIS IS SCARY! IT IS! TURN ON THE LIGHTS MOM! I MEAN IT! TURN THE LIGHTS ON! I DON'T WANT HIM TO JUMP ON ME! I AM SCARED! HE IS JUMPING ON ME! SEE!" It was funny because he was yelling it and he seemed scared, but at the same time there was a certain unusual rational composure to his panic! It was a controlled panic! I have never heard anything like it! There were not a lot of people in there either, so I know everyone could hear him and I heard a lot of people laughing at him!
He could not even bring himself to make a scary face with everyone else!
The handsome daddy!
Ruby acting scared! See, she has the best pretend emotional faces! Future actress right here!
Silas looking bored! We seriously never waited more than 10 min in any line because we used speed passes wisely (I am a pro, I tell ya). So the 7 min wait tested his patience! Haha!
Silly Daddy!
My cutie boy! We went into the Laugh Factory and you can text in your joke for them to use! It is an audience interactive show! Well, I never texted before, but apparently they did it right because they used Nolan's joke (which completely came from him so it was cute)! They said "Nolan from North Carolina says 'What do you call a cow in an earthquake? A Milkshake'"! He beamed with pride! Then they also used Jovie as the "Boo" in the show! If you have seen it you will know what I mean! She was super cute and waved and made cute faces!
Waiting to go on the teacups! I do not know why Nolan and Ruby look that way, but it is funny!
Now these faces are more like it!
Some cute group shots of my kiddos on the teacups! They were having such a good time! The problem is, me being the awesome mom that I am, wanted to let them have the full experience of their teacup spinning as much and as fast as possible! I, on the other hand, am not as young as I used to be and I made myself sickingly sick! I remember when I could spin and spin and spin and it would not phase me one bit! One ride on the teacups just about did me in! I can see why people puke and I told Levi that the flowers right outside the exit were probably the most fertilized of all the flowers in the park form people puking on them! The kids were wanting to go again, but I could not handle it! And of course because of Levi's neck he could not go!
Poor Nolan glows in this picture!
Some cute carousel pics! This was even my ET kids' first carousel ride!
I love this cross stitch! I wish they had a pattern for it! I would make it! It is at the entrance to Splash Mountain!

I love the birdhouses around this ride! I would love to make real ones that looked like this!
A view from the top of Splash Mountin! You can see the castle and space mountain is on the right!
Waiting for the fireworks! Wishes fireworks are the best and the songs that goes with it are great!
Yonas' pic of the castle! It was a fun magical day!

The kids were zonked, I was zonked! But it was a fun day! I will put some pics of Hollywood Studios and Epcot on here later!

3 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

WHOA! That looks like SO MUCH fun! I'm jealous! Can't wait to see the rest of the trip.

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

Great pictures!!

Christie said...

Looks like so much fun! I've never been to Disney World, but of course I grew up going to Disneyland. James has never been to either!