2.27.2009

Happy Birthday Callie #1

Today my baby is 2!!! Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday she was born! And she has grown to be such a vibrant, beautiful, funny, and crazy girl!

Since I took a lot of pictures and want to share as many as possible I will post pictures of her birthday in segments!

Segment #1: For her birthday I wanted to do something special with her and Jovie while the kids were all in school. So we went to her favorite place, Chuck E. Cheese's or "Cheese's" as she calls it! Since Levi is not back at work yet he came too and the girls really enjoyed the attention!

Note: My sister, April, likes to tease me that my blog is very Callie heavy! So I must let you know, yes, I often do post about her more than the other kids, but this is also the way I communicate pictures to her birth family... so yes, my blog is very Callie heavy!

Callie's favorite part of Chuck E. Cheese's... the carousel! She likes to ride over and over again! We always go around 9am. (I think a lot of people do not realize that it is open then and often we have the whole place to ourselves. People come in at 10am thinking that is when they open.) So, she can ride as much as she wants. If we ever go when it is crowded, she will often still park herself on the carousel and ride while someone else is putting coins in for their kids! The moral of the story: if you ever can not find Callie at Chuck E. Cheese's... check the carousel!

Jovie and Callie on the virtual reality ride! They loved it!

Callie's 2nd favorite ride, the clock!



I was letting Callie play the Big Win Super Spin game. All you do is put a coin in, pull a lever, and press a giant red button. You can win 3 tickets, 8 tickets, souvenir coins, cotton candy, ice cream, or the super bonus of 250 tickets. I have tried to get the 250 tickets, but when I try I usually end up with the 3 tickets from either side of the 250 tickets light. So now I just let the girls press the button whenever and come what may! Well, today I was not even looking and Callie pressed the button and the bells started ringing...


AND SHE WON THE 250 TICKETS!


Since no one else was there, I thought it would be a good time to take the girls into the tubes! I crawled all through the tubes on my hands and knees and am realizing how old I am! We get to a good place for Levi to take a picture and as soon as he touched the camera Callie and Jovie take off through the tubes and down the slide leaving me stranded!
Jovie on the horse ride! She rode it 3 or 4 times in a row yelling "Go horse! Yee Haw!"


Levi got really into the Deal or No Deal Game...


I don't know if it was because of the tickets he was winning, or the Deal or No Deal models!

Callie flying high!

We had a good time! We are cheap Chuck E. Cheese goers. We always have a coupon for Buy 1 Get 1 free tokens and we bring our Chuck E. Cheese cups to refill! And we had over 500 tickets! Callie got a stuffed Chuck E. Cheese and she love it! She calls it her "Cheese" and has been carrying it around all day! Right now she is cuddled up with him fast asleep! She has had a busy day!

No comments: