12.02.2007

She smells just right to me...

So, Dizzie smells... BAD! I do not know if you can see it in this picture but her fur is turning a kind of gray, she has a jelly spot on the side of her face that has picked up dirt, and she smells like dirt, spit, and stale food all rolled into one! So, I asked Lettie if I could give her a bath! She said "No, why?" And I said, "Because Dizzie REALLY SMELLS!"

To this she just hugged Dizzie tight, took and big whif, and said, "She smells just right to me!"

Oh, the love of a girl and her bear! Dizzie is very real to her and Heaven forbid I wash her in that mean old washing machine!

Here is a little video of the last time I tried to wash Dizzie... and yes, I feel bad when I look at it now, because that is pitiful! But I was hoping she would get over it and when she realized Dizzie was OK after the wash and then she would let me wash her without too much of a fuss! She was happy when she came out clean, smelling good, and in one piece... but she still will not let me wash her again! Next time I am going to do a covert night-time operation! Man she was mad at me! I wish I had kept this video running 5 more seconds because she ran away and slammed the door like a teenager. It was so sad, but so funny! (Oh, and yes, the upstairs is a mess... not an unusual thing around here these days... lots of kids make lots of mess)!

10 comments:

Christie said...

Ok, I'm reading blogs while waiting for the Christmas Devotional to start when all of the sudden I hear "in my underwear eatimg Cheetos" LOL I thought that was strange coming from BYU-TV.

Audra said...

hehehe, I love that comedy bit... but you got it wrong, it is sitting in a bean bag chair NAKED eating cheetos!!! You gotta listen to the whole thing because it is funny! I could not find his Tater Salad bit, but when I do I shall post that!

Katie said...

Oh, you are a creul, creul mom!

Audra said...

Should I delete the video? Do you think people will think me totally evil? I felt bad, but at the same time it was so funny how much she was overreacting! She told me I could wash her this morning when she woke up (she really is bad bad bad stinky), but I think she was just buying time.

James said...

Leave the video. Every parent understands.

Christie said...

Ah, I knew I didn't have it quite right. I've heard (and enjoyed) it before, just not what I was expecting on BYU-TV.

Audra said...

lol Yeah, I told my sister how you were listening to BYU TV when that came on and she thought that was funny!

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

Can any of you tell me what I need to do to view videos? I am able to watch the ones on Christie's blogs but not on yours or Katies? I am a computer dummy, so I could use some help.

Audra said...

Mine is in .mpg format. So if you have something that views those it should work. I am not much help since I am a bit of a computer dummy myself with things like that. I just figured out how to upload them just recently.

Jennifer said...

The last time I watched Jackson's monkey I snuck it in the washing machine wrapped in a blanket. Unfortunately, Jackson decided he wanted to help me put clothes in the washer and when he ran back into his room to grab some clothes, he noticed his monkey was missing. He realized immediately where it must have gone to and ran to the washing machine and started crying. I told him that monkey needed a bath and he would have him back in a couple hours. The second the dryer dinged, Jackson was there waiting for me to get monkey out- good memory for a 2 year old.