3.11.2009

A Healthy Dad!!!

My dad finished his last round of Chemo a few weeks ago and had his full body scan on Saturday to see if he won the battle! But of course we had to wait until Wednesday to get the results...

... and today my mom called and handed the phone immediately to my dad and he said:

"I Beat This Thing!"

Woo-hoo!

Happy day!

A healthy dad who can now have hair and a 'stache again!

And best of all I now have a dad that can be around grandkids that may or may not have a snotty nose, but it would not matter either way! He can get that hankie out of his back pocket and wipe their nose without fear that a simple cold will send him to the hospital! So... watch out grandpa... you will have many a grand-girl who will insist on wallering you to death to make up for lost time!!!

6 comments:

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

That is great to hear!

Olivia Carter said...

Hurray! Congrats!

lindsey said...

i am so glad, he is such a good guy!

whoopsadasie said...

That is great news!

C. Leah said...

I'm so behind on your blog...(I'm sorry!)... But this is so great! I'm so happy for you and your family!

Angela Draper said...

Yeah!!! What great news!