3.16.2009

We'll see how this goes...

So I am trying to give Silas dreadlocks! It took me all of High School the Musical 3 and a Star Ward Cartoon Episode and a bit of Ben 10 to finish! They never look like dreds to start out with, but will eventually "lock" over the next few months. I did a "twise and rip" lock to start out with and we will see how it goes. He looks cool, even though they do not look like actual dreads yet. He was very patient and seemed pleased with the result. For awhile I am going to have to take a little time out of the day to make him sit as I re-twist them. You would think dreadlocks were easy, but they actually require a lot of matinence. We will see how it goes in the long run! If worse comes to worse I just have to cut his hair short, which is what I would have had to to do if I did not dread them since he was getting quite the 'fro!

2 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Dreads? very cool! I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Cool! It looks good from my computer chair!