3.11.2009

You Can Lead A Kid To Healthier Eating...

But you can't make them eat!

I made healthy blueberry muffins for breakfast. Oats, half whole wheat flower, and applesauce instead of oil! I mixed it up, baked with with a splash of love... and no one would eat it... I ate mine... but I really did not enjoy it! I usually am pretty insistent that my kids eat what I give them, but this would have been child cruelty! Poor things gave it such a good try! Even Ruby (my pickiest eater) ate 1/3 of hers! I looked over at her and said, "Oh honey! Thanks for trying, but you don't have to eat that!"

It was so not worth it!!! Next time... I am making it the yummy way!

Is there anything else you can think of that is just not worth it to eat the healthy version? Let me know, so I will avoid it in the future!

1 comment:

Christie said...

Can't think of anything specific right now, but I KNOW I've done the same thing before...trying to hard to make something healthy.