3.08.2009

A really good helper!

Lettie is a terrific helper! She is always quick to help me make meals and she is always very thoughtful! Tonight Levi was working on putting together the stool he is sitting on in this picture for his classroom. He commented, "It would be nice if we had more light in here!" (2 of the light bulbs had just burned out and I need to buy new ones). The DJ lights that you see in the background were on the other couch across the room, so in order to help her daddy out she turned them on for him!

Rapidly blinking colored lights across the room really don't help, but who has the heart to tell her that? Plus, it was a sweet gesture. Levi and I just smiled at each other!

Then, Levi had to go upstairs for something and I was in the kitchen dishing out dessert. Lettie was the last one in for dessert (Apple Crumble & ice cream) and she is usually the first one in because she likes to help dish it out, hand it out, and also get some herself. Finally she came in a long time after everyone else and she seemed winded. When I went into the living room I saw why... she had moved the lights all the way from the other couch to the chair next to where Levi was assembling the stool! She had them plugged in, turned on, and ready to go... and those things are kind of heavy for a Princess Teenie! So, of course, he put his stool together by the light of blinking red, blue, green, and yellow lights because his Princess Teenie went through a lot of trouble to help him out! I thought it was sweet and very "typical Lettie"!


When I was putting away the things in the kitchen I saw where another "big girl helper" tried to make her own apple crumble. Apparently Jovie (who was helping me bake earlier) decided to make her own Apple crumble... see the piece of an apple and half my container of cinnamon? I think she took a bite out of it and realized a lot more was missing to make it taste good! Jovie is a "big girl" in a little body!

Have your kids ever "helped" you with something... that maybe was not the most helpful... but you went along with it anyway because it was so darn sweet?

5 comments:

lindsey said...

lily likes to help me collect "trash" from around the house, but she puts her toys in the bag instead, so i always give her a bag for herself. she also gets diapers for me, but in the process knocks everything out of the closet where i keep the diapers. its cute though. lettie is a sweetheart btw

Deepanjan said...

Thanks for the soothing words in by blog, Audra! While I feel terribly handicapped being an atheist, I've never doubted that God and religion are manifestations of the goodness innate to all humans. It's such a heart-warming feeling.

Your family is so adorable, I'm truly envious!

Ashley said...

I'm so glad that Rae is old enough to be so helpful now! It is fantastic. But she wanted to be a little too helpful when I was putting together beds the other day. Sometimes she was just in the way. BUT, she was GREAT at finding pieces I needed!

whoopsadasie said...

Since mine are all grown now...it's hard to recall when they "helped". But if I were to ask them, I am sure they could tell me what one of the other ones did...not them!!

Christie said...

We had to have a pile of small, empty boxes for Elizabeth to carry out to the moving truck, over and over again, because she was so determined to help.