3.23.2009

I owe my neighbor...

A Flat of
Yellow
Pansies!

And it is not hard to see why!

My beautiful, pixie-like, mischievous :

Jovie-Lea!



She really was not trying to be bad! She has just entered the "flower-picking" stage! The kids were all riding their bikes along the cul-de-sac and I suppose the newly planted pansies at the bottom of my neighbor's mailbox called to her! And she picked them... for me! Sweet... well, she thinks so! Unfortunately I did not see her in the act until she single-handedly annihilated my poor neighbors pansy patch! She loaded them up in her hand and "drove" them all the way across the street to present them to me!

She adored those mangled petals! She stood there and smelled them for the longest time! Which afforded me the opportunity to take beautiful sun-soaked whimsical pictures of my little pixie! They probably are not ideal, but I love sun lines in my pictures! She was so sweet and so quiet about it!

I was taking pictures of some of the other kids when she was picking the flowers! I was glad I had my camera on me to capture her sweet (but obnoxious) gesture!

She found a basket and put her petals in there and carried them around all afternoon! Tomorrow I shall go to Lowes, and leave a few containers on pansies on my neighbors doorstep! Maybe I will buy a few extra for my Jovie-Lea!

4 comments:

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

(snicker, snicker) Oh, Jovie-Lea!!! (snicker, snicker and a smile)

whoopsadasie said...

Ohh..how sweet and innocent our little ones! I hope your neighbor understood!

Katie said...

Love the pictures - especially the first one and one with the sun streaks! I adore your babies.

C. Leah said...

How funny and sweet!! :)