1.13.2009

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

Jovie... the Queen of all mischief makers! She is very independent, know what she wants, and does not wait for other people to get it for her! She is a tween stuck in a 2 year olds body! She really is very funny! She also is very sweet and like to be helpful! If mom can do it, she thinks she can too! Here are some pictures of my little rascal up to no good...

I guess she was still hungry! Because she helped herself to the extras!
Taking a big bite! (And the other weird thing about this picture is Lettie is standing there with a big strip of tape across her hair! Why? I have no clue! My kids are weird on so many different levels!)

Licking her lips! It must have been yummy!
Even trying to get the last little bit of Cream of Mushroom soup! Sigh!
My external hard drive broke before I could post her birthday pics! Here she is blowing out her candles! Her and Callie both like to sing 'Happy Birthday' and then blow! Sometimes Jovie finds me candles and points to the lighter. She likes me to light them so she can blow them out! So, now I have to make sure I keep lit candles very high where she can not reach (which is hard to do because she has a way of reaching EVERYTHING... she is a climber) or she will try to grab them and blow them out!
I left the cookies on the back on the counter in a snapped shut cake container. Of course Jovie found a way to get one! She did not ask, or even sneek it! She got it, non-chalauntly sat on the couch, opened her book, and started reading while enjoying her cookie!
Heaven Forbid I interrupt her reading! This is her "Oh mom! Not now!" face!
We were at the park and when I tried to take her to the car she kept doing "noodle legs" when I insisted she hold my hand. She does this EVERY TIME! Although I never let her win and I insist on always holding her hand in parking lots and what not, she still likes to drop to the ground and throw a fit, because she is a BIG GIRL and I guess I keep forgetting she does not need to hold my hand like a baby! The problem is, that ain't gonna treat her like a "big girl" around cars anytime soon! A car would squish her like grape!
So, here she is laying on the grass in protest!
She helped herself to tortilla chips! That face is classic Jovie! And he diaper is falling off, which is also classic Jovie, because she does not have a tail! She is holding a little stuffed Porcupine I bought for the top of our Christmas tree! Her favorite book is called "Little Porcupine's Christmas" and we have read it at least 40-50 times! In the end Little Porcupine ends up being the star on the top of the tree! Since I have never found a star I like or that will stay strait on top of the tree I thought it would be cute to put a porcupine up there! The problem is, when I put it on the top of the tree Jovie would have a major breakdown! I have NEVER seen her throw a fit like that (because in her mind she is too big for classic fits, she is more of a cut her eyes at you and ignore you fit thrower)! She threw herself on the floor at the bottom of the the tree and screamed until the porcupine was emancipated from the top of the tree! Then she would carry it around and the lose it, then I would find it somewhere random, put it back on the tree and then it would last for a few hours until she would see it up there and the fit would be thrown again! Once she threw a fit while I was in the kitchen, but I knew Levi was with her. I think he thought that I was going to let her throw a fit and make her leave the porcupine up there. But after 10 minutes of strait screaming I asked him what was wrong with her and he said "Don't you know?" That is when I realized she was screaming "Pork-pine"! I felt so bad, so we got it down and she was so sad that she was doing that little gasping thing. It was pitiful. Maybe next year....
Jovie refused to take a nap on this day. So I saw her in the playroom watching TV... or so I thought until I closer and realized she was dead asleep. She had not moved! We have to watch her or she will watch TV all day if we let her... sigh!
Watching TV downstairs! She will lay on her belly and cross her feet in the air! It is so cute, like a little teen! I love this pic! And look at those "pookie" lips! She gives the BEST kisses (when she feels like giving kisses! It is always on her terms)!
You can see how tired she is in her eyes!
She thinks she can help me cook, clean, and sew! I was sewing... which was an adventure in and of itself, and she was on the other side of the machine trying to pull the fabric through. I had to keep telling her to stop. So here are some pictures of what I was seeing while I sewed!
Watching TV again! Isn't that cute?
We were running late for church and we were all loaded up, but we realized we were missing Jovie. I thought she snuck upstairs to watch TV. Nope... apparently she was accesorizing! She came downstairs in Granny's neck pillow, a small string of fabric from the fleece blanket I made Ruby, and her feet the wrong way through a pair of sandles. She thought she looked good and was ready to go! I compromised and we removed the leg pillow, put on her regular shoes, and I let her wear her fleece "rope" around her dress! It fell off sometime during sacranment! I just have learned to pick my battles... so if my kids ever look weird... I know... they just have to win sometimes!
Levi has been doing his perfect push-ups! Jovie, on the other hand found another very fun use for them!
Last, but not least, Jovie LOVED Tinker Bell! If it is Tinker Bell, she thinks she is supposed to have it! When we are in the store she will see a pack of crayons with Tinker Bell on them and scream "Mom! Look! Tinker Bell! Mom! My Tinker Bell!" and as I walk away... "No Mom! Look! Tinker Bell"... like the reason I am not buying them is because I did not see them! And do you know Tinker Bell is on just about anything... so Wal-mart always has at least one scream of "Tinker Bell"! Tinker Bell toothbrushes, bubble bath, shampoo, art kits, shirts, socks, jewlry, chap stick, candy, books, movies, hats, blankets, lamps, trash cans, pencils, balloons, fabric, art kits, even car seat covers and fishing poles! So, there is really NO department I can go into without her screaming TINKER BELL!
We went to an Ethiopian Christmas celebration where we did a clothing gift exchange for the kids (since that is traditional to give a gift of clothing). Since there were only 6 kids beside my own all my kids, all of them got assigned but Callie. The Disney store was having a clearence, so I bought PJs for all the kids and I bought an extra pair of Tinker Bells in case someone did not get anything. Jovie opened her gift and it was princess. She said, "No! I no want Princess!" and pushed it away! I was so embarrassed! BUT... Callie LOVED it! Especially since it was a scarf and she loves to wrap things around herself. So, I handed the Tinker Bell PJs to Jovie and needless to say she was thrilled!
The thing I like about her loving Tinker Bell is... Tinker Bell is SO Jovie! She is stubborn, has a girly catty attitude, and is a pixie! Jovie is stubborn, with a girly attitude, and we always call her a pixie. She has the pixie eyes, strait hair, and she flits around on her toes!
We love our little Pixie Tinker Bell! She makes life so much fun!!! She is smart, full of life, and will be a force to be reconded with when she is older. In a good way! She is determined, but very sweet! She loves her family, her "Tallie", and will do great things one day!
Who couldn't love this face?!

I hope you enjoyed getting to know my Jovie!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I adore that girl. And very fun pictures and stories. My favorite picture is the first sewing machine one.

Olivia Carter said...

Oh gosh! I want to meet your babies someday they are all so sweet and full of so much personality!

Sydney is the same way about princesses. When she sees something princess and we don't by it she screams- "Don't leave it. It's ours!" Sorry, honey, complete adoration doesn't equal ownership. Otherwise I'd have a whole lot more clothes.

Jamie said...

I like the pictures of her staring at the TV, too cute!

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

What a cute kid.