1.29.2009

Sharing the Joys of Reading... and other baby cuteness!

For my song I changed it to Gracie by Ben Folds. He wrote it for his daughter and it is the perfect "little girl" song. It reminds me of all my sweet little girls!

I have been reading books as I put the babies to bed. I lay on a pillow on their floor propped up against their dresser with a blanket and enjoy some quiet time. Well... not too quiet since they both usually put up quite a fight as they are going to sleep. Sometimes they cry, but usually they talk and sing. I also read them books before bed in the same spot.

So, the other day Yonas comes into my room laughing that they babies were being funny, so I grabbed my camera. They were both lounged back on the pillow reading their books. It was cute because all you saw were 2 open kids books with feet sticking out underneath, but then they noticed the red-eye flash and put the books down. But it was still cute that they were reading together!
Then I go into the kitchen the next day and find that Jovie found a book and joined Kanga in her crate for some quality reading time. Or maybe she was just using Kanga as a pillow.

Doesn't Kangaroo look thrilled?
So onto the "other cuteness" part! Here is Callie, with her favorite swim suit on... backwards... after a yummy spaghetti dinner! What a mess she is!!! And notice the marker on her chest! That girl gets into everything! (Since I did not put her swimsuit on for her, she got Ruby or Lettie to do it.)
Since Levi's shoulder is out I was giving him an Icy-Hot masage! As soon as I was done with him, Jovie came up to me and without a word turned and back-up into position for her masage. Dont worry, I did not use the Icy-Hot on her!
I always say that when someone is sad, Jovie tried to fix it with her brain and Callie tried to fix it with her heart! If someone is sad over something, Jovie will often try to find something to fix it. Callie on the other hand is always the FIRST to come over and give a hug of consolation! She saw Silas was sad and she went over to give him a hug and patted him on the back until he felt better. She has a lot of empathy and is very sweet!

7 comments:

lindsey said...

i love that callie is so sweet! she is just too cute... and i love the pics with jovie in the crate... that is something lily would do just to be with a dog.

whoopsadasie said...

Those girls are too sweet and cute!

Liisa said...

I LOVE the song. Where can I download it? I sent your blog to my Gracie's b-mom so she could listen to it. Darling kids!

Christie said...

Ah! I hope my girls are going to get to play with your girls!

Christie said...

Elizabeth just found her swimsuit and is insisting on putting her swimsuit on! And insisting on taking off her diaper. I'm surprised she remembers...we mainly played in her little pool, so I just let her go commando. Anyway, I think she's been enjoying the pics of her cousins!

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

Cute kids! Soon you can bring them to our house for a visit.

Kristin said...

They really are too cute!!!