1.05.2009

Want to see an ugly baby?!?

I just got the pictures off our old computer. I need to find a new home for it. This is the computer before even our last computer! So, it is as old as Nolan, which in computer years is like 100! Now that we have a new external hard drive and taken all the pictures off the broken one onto the new one, I thought I would make sure they were all together and then back them all up at one time! So, I was looking through some old pictures and reminicing! And then I came across these pics...

We thought he was the cutest baby ever! God had never made a baby as beautiful as Nolan! Then we look back and his pictures and go "Oh my gosh! What were we thinking! This is one scary looking alien-baby!" I think we had on the rose-colored glasses that come with new parenthood! Plus, part of his cuteness was that he was a month early, IUGR, and teenie-tiny! And everyone said he was so cute... but really, no one tells you that you have an ugly baby! But I will admit it now... for the first little bit of his life when he was stick-thin and shifty-eyed, he was kind of creepy lookin'!
I wont be offended if you agree with me! I can admit when I had an ugly baby! But once he rounded out and actually got a little meat on his bones... he WAS the cutest little baby ever!!! But for those first few weeks he was scary lookin'!
And now he gets creepier every day!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I never saw him in person when he was that teeny, but I definitely still think he was cute, even if he was somewhat weird-looking. Babies are supposed to look somewhat gross. He looks like a little newborn kitten. Look how skinny his little legs were! Love that last picture.