1.07.2009

No more rhymes and I mean-it! Anybody want a peanut?

Silas has learned a new trick in kindergarten. He has learned to rhyme! And it is cute! It really is! Up until my breaking point; which usually is when I can not longer think because I have a cute little boy following me around rhyming everything he sees! As cute as it is, I have found myself saying to him a few times like Vizzini: "No more rhyming!" Why? I know I may seem like a mean mom, but he got to the point me rhymed EVERYTHING! And if I said "Good job buddy!" He took that as, "Wow! Mom likes my rhyming so much, she must want to hear it as she cooks, through the door as she is using the bathroom, as she changes diapers..."! You get the point! And since he is new to the English language, most of it made no sense:

Silas: Mom! Mom! I can rhyme van!

Me: Great! Let's hear it!

Silas: Lan! (insert classic Silas jackal giggle here)

Me: Great buddy! You are good at rhyming!

Silas: Mom! Mom! I can rhyme doggie... wroggie! And Mom! Mom! I can rhyme Silas... Filas! And Mom! Mom! I can rhyme Jovie... Govie... and Mom! Mom! I can rhyme Orange... Borange... and Mom! Mom!...

Me: That enough rhyming for now Silas! Good job rhyming... you are the best rhymer... but that's enough for now!

See... I try to be diplomatic! I tell him he did a good job and IS the best rhymer in the world! I DO NOT tell him that my head is about to explode!

The funny thing is... sometimes when he rhymes, he says actual words that I know he does not know the meaning to! And when Uncle Sam came to visit over Thanksgiving... Silas was anxious to show off his title (that his mom has bestowed on him) of "The Best Rhymer in the World"... the problem is Uncle Sam also rhymes with... well, you'll see!

Don't judge me for publishing his profanity! ;) ! He has no clue what he is saying and it was so cute I HAD to capture it on video :)!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Awww, sweet Silas :) Rae is into rhyming too but she thinks that if two words start with the same letter than they rhyme. It can get pretty annoying, especially since I have to constantly tell her "well, no sweetie, that's not really rhyming"! But I'm sure Roy will get a kick out of it when she wants to rhyme things like duck and itch :)

Jamie said...

That is too cute!

Anonymous said...

so cute!! He has that sweet high voice just like Sawyer. Don't you just love it!